You can borrow items from another New Zealand library via our interloan service.
Interloan guidelines - students
- The Library will endeavour to get your request from a non-charging library. If this is not possible you may be required to pay $14.00 to cover the cost of your interloan (we will ask for your permission before going ahead).
- Interloan requests may take up to two weeks to arrive, although one week is the average waiting time. Journal articles usually arrive more quickly than books.
- There is a limit of 3 requests per assignment.
- We do not interloan titles that are part of our own collection. The service is restricted to material related to your course of study or area of research.
- The service is available to all students of Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology.
Student online Interloan request form
Please provide as much detail about the publication as possible.
It may be helpful to search the National Library's Catalogue(external link) or Amazon books(external link) to find details about a book you wish to interloan. Journal articles can also be interloaned where we don't have access to the full article via our research databases. The staff at the Library are happy to help you with a search for material.
For more information on interloans see our policy or contact the Interloan Librarian.
NMIT Library interloan policy [PDF, 95 KB]