COVID-19 student and staff update See
You can borrow items from another New Zealand or overseas library via our interloan service.
- We do not interloan titles that are part of our own collection. The service is restricted to material related to your course of study or area of research.
- Interloan requests for books may take up to two weeks to arrive, although one week is the average waiting time. Journal articles usually arrive more quickly than books, sometimes in a day or two.
- For students, there is a limit of 3 requests per assignment.
- Interloans can be provided for personal interest but if costs are incurred, these will be passed to the borrower.
- The service is available to all staff and students of Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology.
To request an item not accessible via our library, please make an interloan request using our online form(external link).
Complete the form providing as much detail about the publication as possible.
It may be helpful to search the National Library's Catalogue(external link) or Amazon books(external link) to find details about a book you wish to interloan. Journal articles can also be interloaned where we don't have access to the full article via our research databases. The staff at the Library are happy to help you with a search for material.
For more information on interloans see our policy or contact the Interloan Librarian.
NMIT Library interloan policy [PDF, 135 KB]